Muscat University’s Foundation Programme aims to produce ‘degree-ready’ students planning to progress onto one of the University’s undergraduate programmes. The Muscat University Foundation Programme is quite unique in the Sultanate as it not only consists of modules in English, Mathematics and Computing, but also subject-specific modules relating to the undergraduate programme the student wishes to join. Study skills are embedded throughout the modules across programme.
The Foundation Programme is delivered over 36 weeks consisting of 3 x 12-week terms and is taught by a mix of pathway programme lecturers and faculty academic lecturers who teach the introductory-subject-specific modules. During each term, students will study different modules which increase in challenge and English language complexity over the three terms.
- Equip you with academic literacies, language proficiency, IT and soft skills needed to excel within the academic environment of a Higher Education Institution
- Provide introductory-subject-specific knowledge of the bachelor’s degree that you plan to study.
- Enable you to develop analytical and problem-solving skills and apply them to practical real-world problems.
- Improve your ability to reflect on your learning and development and to assist you to become independent, life-long learners who are able to think critically.
Applicants will typically need an Omani General Education Diploma or its equivalent (recognised by Ministry of Education) with the following grades:
- Minimum 65 % in the General Education Diploma
- Minimum 65% in English
- Minimum 65% in Pure Maths OR Applied Maths
- Minimum 65% in Chemical for the one who wants to join BSc Chemical Engineering.
- Academic Skills for Success
- Essential Maths
- Computing Fundamentals
- Physical Sciences 1
- Physical Sciences 2
- Marketing Principles
- Academic Reading & Writing
- Academic Listening & Speaking
- Organizations & Behaviour
- Systems & Logistics Foundations
- Foundation Chemistry for Engineering
- Business Decision Making
- Omani and Residents: 2900 OMR
- International Students: 3200 OMR