BSc Logistics with
Supply Chain Management
The BSc in Logistics with Supply Chain Management is one of the few logistics degrees which combines technological knowledge with business and management in order to meet the needs of the logistics industry. Upon successful completion of the programme, students earn a degree from Muscat University.
The BSc in Logistics with Supply Chain Management aims to:
- To provide students with the opportunities to realise their academic potential through appropriately conceived learning experiences.
- To develop an understanding of the physical and managerial processes involved with logistics generally, with specific reference to the integrated management of the end-to-end supply chain.
- To provide students with appropriately structured curricula, combining teaching in theoretical and knowledge-based principles with practical training skills.
- To ensure that development and modification of the programme prepare graduates able to respond appropriately to the rapidly changing industrial environment in Oman and GCC.
- To produce graduates with the specific academic and professional skills that are in demand by employers in Oman and international business.
- To produce graduates with generic transferable skills to enable them to make a valuable contribution to business and society in Oman.
- To offer students the opportunity to obtain relevant industrial experience by providing the option of a sandwich year in Oman.
- To introduce the students to the principles of the research process and their relevance to modern methods of management within the contexts of transport and the supply chain.
- To maintain professional accreditation by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport UK.
- To create an awareness of self-development as a component of education and to develop the skills and attributes of lifelong learning.
- To ensure that, entry qualifications are the highest possible consistent with the applicant pools in the Oman and international markets.
The demand for graduates in logistics and supply chain management is huge, both globally and in Oman! Career opportunities exist in third party logistics providers, manufacturers, government and consultancy. Job roles include logistics analytics, warehouse managers, supply chain planner.
Direct entry requirements to the programme for international certificate holders:
Minimum grades of C in three A-Level subjects including Math.
English language: Minimum grade C in GCSE or IELTS (Academic): Minimum of 5.0 overall / TOEFL (iBT): Minimum of 64 overall
Minimum 24 points, with minimum score of 3 in Maths at Higher Level or 4 at Standard Level.
English language: Minimum score of 5 in English at Standard level or minimum score of 4 in English at Higher level or IELTS (Academic): Minimum of 5.0 overall/TOEFL (iBT): Minimum of 64 overall
|Indian School Certificate||
Pass in Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) or Indian State Board Examinations with a score of not less than 55% in Math.
English language: IELTS (Academic): Minimum of 5.0 overall/TOEFL (iBT): Minimum of 64 overall
Admission requirements for GED certificate holders:
|*Applicants with General Education Diploma (GED) or its equivalent (equivalency by the Ministry of Education) will be admitted to the foundation year, subject to satisfying the following criteria:|
|Omani General Education Diploma (GED)||
A General Education Diploma pass with:
*Applicants with less than the above entry requirements can still apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Exemption from Foundation Year: Applicants with IELTS (Academic) 5.0 or TOEFL (iBT) 64 and IC3 can be exempted from the Foundation Modules if they also pass the MU Math exit test.
*Applicants who successfully completed the foundation year in any other higher education institution can be admitted directly to the programme.
Offers & Support
Total 4 years credits: 480 credits.
- Business Skills
- Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Data Analysis for Logistics
- An Introduction to Business Economics
- Principles of Transport
- Principles of Operations Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Marketing Principles
YEAR 2Interim award of Diploma
- Personal and Professional Development for the Workplace
- Project Management
- Logistics Modelling
- Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Human Resource Management
- Electives: Air Transport
- Freight Transport
- Tools for Managing Operations
YEAR 3Interim award of Advanced Diploma
- Professional Placement Year
- Strategic Management
- Sustainable Supply Chain Management
- Supply Chain Finance
- Individual Project
- Supply Chain Decision Support and Analysis
- Electives: Retail Logistics
- Supply Chain Risk and Resilience
Artificial Intelligence in Logistics
- Maritime Logistics
Logistics and the Circular Economy
Omani students and residentsTotal Tuition Fees OMR 13,800
- First Year: OMR 3,900
- Second Year: OMR 3,900
- Third Year (Professional Placement): OMR 2,100
- Fourth Year: OMR 3,900
International StudentsTotal Tuition Fees OMR 15,300
- First Year: OMR 4,400
- Second Year: OMR 4,400
- Third Year (Professional Placement): OMR 2,100
- Fourth Year: OMR 4,400