Student Ambassador Programme
About the programme
Muscat University Student Ambassador Program provides current students with the opportunity to represent the university through various events and activities. It is a select group of 10 students who make a significant contribution to the university community. Working closely with the Student Journey team, they represent and promote MU to current and prospective students, guests and visitors.
Who can become a Student Ambassador?
You can become a Student Ambassador if you’re a current MU student and have completed at least one year full-time or part-time equivalent of university study. The qualities we look for in a Student Ambassador include:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Confidence with a willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic, friendly and approachable
- Punctual, flexible and reliable
To become a student ambassador, you must not have disciplinary records within the university.
What is the role?
Student Ambassadors participate in various activities throughout the two-year program. Below are some tasks you may assist with:
- Provide prospective students and their parents with an insight into university life and study opportunities based on your own experiences
- Communicate with people of all ages to encourage, motivate and inspire them to commence, continue and complete their studies successfully
- Participate in Open Day, campus tours or other events requested by your student ambassador program coordinator
- Join in promotional photoshoots or video
- Engage with our social media accounts
What are the benefits for you?
Student Ambassadors have an opportunity to develop a wide range of professional skills, such as marketing, communications, and organizational skills.
Ambassadors are rewarded with the following:
- Participation in dedicated workshops and training
- A reference letter and recognition from Deputy Vice-Chancellor
- Cash reward for every student registered to the University through you
- Exclusively designed merchandise
How do I apply to become a Student Ambassador?
Complete and submit the programme application form. A programme representative will be in touch if you are chosen to interview.
If you have any questions about the Student Ambassadors, feel free to contact the University team at email@example.com