Student Support Specialist
Registrar & Director of Admissions and Student Administration
Reporting to the University Registrar, this full time administrative position is responsible for coordinating and enhancing the quality of student life of Muscat University and to help guide students’ development as a whole.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work directly with students to support processes and solve problems related to registration, financial aid, and payments. Serves as Liaison with other departments within the university to facilitate processes and problem resolutions.
· Provide guidance in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating student-driven clubs, memberships and initiatives.
· Coordinate campus events for students including sports, health and leadership programmes, as well as recreational trips and activities.
· Serve as advisor for student council and other student voice groups.
· Cultivate and manage University-community partnerships, faculty partnerships and alumni networks.
· Develops, implements, and enforces a range of student support policies
· Assists with other divisional functions within the Student Journey Directorate as and when required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
· A bachelor’s degree required
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in higher education setting within a student services or student support capacity.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITES
· Excellent oral presentation and written communication skills.
· Computer skills include Microsoft Office and database software.
· Team player with demonstrated customer services skills.
· Ability to Multitask.
· Ability to exercise good decision-making skills.
· Experience in conflict resolution and consensus building.
· Nationality: Omani only
· Contract: fixed term 2- years contract with the potential renewal.
·Deadline: 2nd December 2019.