Research Assistant: “Developing Decision-Making Tools to Facilitate Cost-Effective Transition to Renewable Energy in the Sultanate of Oman”
Faculty of Transport & Logistics, Muscat University
The Faculty of Transport & Logistics seeks to appoint a Research Assistant (Omani Only) to work on the following project funded by The Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MoHERI) in the Sultanate of Oman: “Developing Decision-Making Tools to Facilitate Cost-Effective Transition to Renewable Energy (RE) in the Sultanate of Oman”. This project aims to achieve the following objectives (i) to explore RE options in the Sultanate of Oman; (ii) to synthesise performance measures of RE; (iii) to assess the performance of the RE network in the Sultanate of Oman; (iv) to investigate the implementation challenges facing RE networks; (v) to develop cost-effective decision-making tools using mathematical optimization; and (vi) to propose strategies and policies to improve RE performance in the Sultanate of Oman.
This role will involve the application of advanced multi-criteria decision-making and multi-objective optimisation techniques. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Conduct systematic literature review and empirical data gathering from relevant stakeholders under supervision and guidance of the Project Team.
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities as assigned by the Project Team.
- Make sure milestones and objectives are achieved as scheduled.
- Assist in the research dissemination and initiatives such as reports, manuscripts, technical workshops, seminars, and conferences.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum master’s degree in management related field or other relevant area.
- Experience in multi-criteria decision-making and multi-objective optimisation techniques.
- Experience in survey development, data collection and analysis.
- Interview and transcription skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working time including evening and weekends, if necessary.
- Prompt response to emails, attendance at meetings, and other related duties.
The Principal Investigator.
Muscat University, Sultanate of Oman (some local travel may be required to collect data).
3 Months fixed-term contract (Omani Only).
Full time (Please you should not apply for this role if you have another job).
A tax-free lump-sum payment will be paid as per the project regulations.
December 3 , 2020.
Once the position is filled.
For additional information and to apply, contact
Dr. Nasiru Zubairu
Lecturer, Faculty of Transport & Logistics, Muscat University