Research Assistant: “Coping with the impact of the COVID-19 virus pandemic on supply chains in Oman: Resilience-healthiness diagnostic decision-making tools in the Industry 4.0 era”:
Faculty of Transport & Logistics, Muscat University
The Faculty of Transport & Logistics seeks to appoint a Research Assistant to work on the following project funded by The Research Council (TRC) in Oman: “Coping with the impact of the COVID-19 virus pandemic on supply chains in Oman: Resilience-healthiness diagnostic decision-making tools in the Industry 4.0 era”. This project will (i) analyse the current and forecasted impact of COVID-19 outbreaks on global supply chains with a focus on Oman; (ii) develop a methodological solution towards resilient supply chains considering dynamic capabilities and resiliency to supply and demand; and (iii) explore the impact of Industry 4.0 on supply chain resilient.
This will involve the application of advanced multi-attribute decision-making algorithms and multi-objective optimization. The successful candidate is expected to:
(1) Conduct the research under supervision and guidance of the project team.
(2) Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities as assigned by the project team.
(3) Make sure milestones and objectives are achieved as scheduled.
(4) Assist in the research dissemination and initiatives such as reports, manuscripts, technical workshops, seminars and conferences.
Qualification and Experience
(1) Minimum master’s degree in a relevant area
(2) Experience in multi-attribute decision-making algorithms and multi-objective optimization
(3) Experience in data collection and survey development
(4) Excellent English skills including academic writing
(5) Willingness to work out of normal working time including evening and weekends, if necessary
(6) Prompt response to emails, etc.
The Principle Investigator
Muscat University, Oman (some local travel may be required to collect data)
4 Months fixed-term contract
Full time. Hours as necessary for the role
A tax-free lump-sum payment will be paid as per the project regulations
31st May 2020
Once the position is filled
For additional information and to apply, contact:
Dr. Ahmed Mohammed
Senior Lecturer, Faculty of Transport & Logistics, Muscat University firstname.lastname@example.org