Research Assistant 2
Faculty of Chemical Engineering, Muscat University
This work will involve:
- Conduct “Process Simulation” studies under supervision and guidance of the faculty Director
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities, with advice as required, ensuring that project goals and objectives are met
- Present information on research progress and results, to the project manager, companies, university research committee, research team, etc.
- Publish research reports, conference articles and indexed journals
- Support dissemination and contribute to technical workshops, seminars and conferences, if necessary
- If necessary, travel to partner university (UK) to carry out research and / or attend meeting presentations, etc.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum bachelor’s degree (MSc is preferred) in Chemical Engineering or closely related areas
- Previous experience in process simulation software such as ASPEN package
- Excellent English skills including academic writing
Director of Programmes, Faculty of Engineering and Technology
Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)
12 Months fixed term contract (renewable upon budget approval)
Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.
For additional information and to apply, contact:
Dr. Nader Mosavat
Director, Faculty of Engineering and Technology