Provide first line support to Muscat University Staff, Faculties, and Students. Pro-actively monitors user satisfaction of the systems, and anticipates new requirements based on changing business needs and new trends in technology. A focal point for our partners in UK for IT support. Initiates and manages new development, gathers requirements and puts the required team in place to implement appropriate solutions. Managing and monitoring MU Computer Labs and software. Ensures that Muscat University provides an enhanced user experience to all our students, staff and partners providing a seamless experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as the first line of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
2. Implementing and managing IT service management (ITSM)
3. Managing Muscat University ICT asset.
4. Thoroughly understands Microsoft office 365.
5. Thoroughly understands Windows 10.
6. Assists and evaluating new technologies for Muscat University.
7. Creates and updates documentation and procedures guidelines for MU services.
8. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques.
9. Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
10. Works as a Systems Analyst with knowledgeable persons throughout the University and its partners to help define user needs.
11. Maintain daily performance of computer systems
12. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedure
Director of Infrastructure and Information Systems
Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)
This post has no staff or budget management responsibilities.
Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.
A minimum of 1 year experience in user support and helpdesk
Job related skills/ Aptitudes
· Experience managing implementation, migrations, upgrades, integration and supporting MU systems.
· Familiarity and understanding of Microsoft products, Windows OS and Academic software.
· Previous experience in a higher education institution would be advantageous.
· Excellent team working skills.
· Actively involves colleagues across the organisation.
· Ability to work on own initiative and effectively as part of a team.
· Sets and adheres to high standards of performance.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Consultation and negotiation skills.
· Advisory and influencing skills.
· Demonstrates cultural competence and behaviours consistent with the core values, vision, and mission of Muscat University.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent Qualified IT Professional with a recognised IT body. A level of proficiency in English, both oral and written, is essential. Proficiency in Arabic is also expected.
Terms and Conditions
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.
- Nationality: Omani only
- Deadline: 25th November 2019.
- Contract: fixed term 2- years contract with the potential renewal.