Maintain, Plans, and improve the existing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system for the University. Participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure and technology department of the University. Ensures that the system hardware, operating systems, software, and related procedures adhere to organisational values, enabling staff, and University partners. Provides oversight and maintenance of Muscat University’s ERP (CRM, SIS, Finance, and HR Talent) System including interfaces to other systems, developed applications and vendor upgrades. Ensures that Muscat University provides an enhanced user experience to all our students, staff and partners providing a seamless experience.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Manages application support activities for ERP systems users, throughout the University and its partners.
2. Manages the ERP department and ERP administrators of the University.
3. Provides leadership including the ability to motivate, inspire, counsel and facilitate individuals and teams to take responsibility and accountability.
4. Evaluates and recommends changes to current and future ERP system requirements to meet organisational needs.
5. Adheres to latest Project Management practices and business change control processes.
6. Tests and validates new ERP system releases prior to use in the University.
7. Creates and updates documentation and procedure guidelines for ERP systems users.
8. Maintains the ERP security system to assign appropriate access to end users at different levels throughout the organisation and its partners.
9. Analyses and troubleshoots ERP system issues reported by end users with support from the University’s systems vendor.
10. Identifies areas of enhancements and improvements for the ERP system taking into account current and future needs.
11. Designs, develops and maintains reports used by technical staff and ERP systems users.
Director of Infrastructure and Information Systems
Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)
This post has no staff or budget management responsibilities.
Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) management.
Job related skills/ Aptitudes
· Experience on the Microsoft Dynamics platform.
· Extensive knowledge of business practices and procedures to design, develop and maintain automated workflow processes.
· Experience managing implementation, migrations, customisation, upgrades, integration and supporting of ERP systems for Higher Education.
· Familiarity and understanding of databases design concepts.
· Knowledge of Financial operations and understanding of Academic processes.
· Previous experience in a higher education institution would be advantageous.
· Excellent team working skills.
· Actively involves colleagues across the organisation.
· Ability to work on own initiative and effectively as part of a team.
· Sets and adheres to high standards of performance.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Consultation and negotiation skills.
· Advisory and influencing skills.
· Demonstrates cultural competence and behaviours consistent with the core values, vision, and mission of Muscat University.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent Qualified IT Professional with a recognised IT body. A level of proficiency in English, both oral and written, is essential. Proficiency in Arabic is also expected.
Terms and Conditions
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.
- Nationality: Omani only
- Deadline: CVs will remain received until the best candidate selected.
- Contract: fixed term 2- years contract with the potential renewal.