MSc Management and
The MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship provides you with integrated and critical awareness of management and organisations, allowing you to develop a specialised focus in entrepreneurship, assisting you when pursuing an entrepreneurial career. This dual degree programme is designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. Graduates will be awarded two standalone degrees, one from Cranfield University and one from Muscat University.
This programme is in partnership with Cranfield University.
The MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship aims to:
- Provide you with a comprehensive and advanced understanding of the impact of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial processes at multi-levels.
- Create opportunities for you to develop critical perspectives on theories and to review and evaluate the appropriateness that underpins the constituent entrepreneurship and management subjects.
- Develop your ability to critically analyse the current issues in the field of management and entrepreneurship.
- Enhance your lifelong learning through the development of management and entrepreneurship knowledge.
Who is it for?
- Ambitious recent graduates from any academic background who want to launch their own business, or become involved in managing a family business.
- Entrepreneurs who wish to grow and develop their business at any stage of its life cycle.
- Aspiring professionals who wish to incorporate entrepreneurial thinking into their future management career.
Usually applicants must hold either a:
- Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Omani institution in any discipline, OR
- First or a second-class UK honours degree in any discipline, OR
- International degree- equivalent of UK qualifications, OR
- A degree below good or second-class Honours can be considered with minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- A 2 year Diploma holder can be considered with minimum of 6 years relevant work experience with approval from Ministry of Higher Education Research and Innovation
A student whose first language is not English will need to provide a certificate of one of the following English language tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): Academic test – minimum overall score of 6.5 and 6.0 in all components.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Internet-based test – minimum score of 92.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) : and overall score of 65
- Cambridge English with a minimum score of 180
- Successfully complete Muscat University Pre-sessional English Programme
Students will take 12 modules (120 credits) and submit a thesis (80 credits).
MSc Management and Entrepreneurship modules
- Marketing Strategy
- Managing People & Organisations
- Managing Profitability, Liquidity & Asset Utilisation
- Managing Operations
- Family Business Management
- Strategic Management
- Disruptive Innovation
- Managing Business Growth
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Corporate Entrepreneurship
- Social Enterprise & Intrapreneurism
- Research Methods & Statistics
Disclaimer: Keeping programmes up-to-date and current requires constant innovation and change. The modules offered reflect the needs of business and industry and the research interests of staff and, as a result, may change or be withdrawn due to research developments, legislation changes or for a variety of other reasons. Changes may also be designed to improve the student learning experience or to respond to feedback from students, external examiners, accreditation bodies and industrial advisory panels.
Total Tuition Fee
- Tuition Fees: OMR 8,200