MSc Logistics and
Supply Chain Management
The MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management has been developed to fulfil a market demand for highly capable graduates in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management. The programme further aims to offer your personal and specialist skills development. This dual degree programme is designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. Graduates will be awarded two standalone degrees, one from Cranfield University and one from Muscat University.
This programme is in partnership with Cranfield University.
The MSc in Logistics and Supply Chain Management aims to provide:
- An overall understanding of logistics and supply chain management and its importance in modern business.
- Appropriate technical knowledge in the key areas of logistics and supply chain management.
- An understanding of the analytical and managerial skills, enabling them to apply this knowledge within a business environment.
- An understanding of the need to manage and plan supply chains within an overall business environment in an integrated and coordinated manner.
Who is it for?
- Recent graduates with a good undergraduate degree who want a broad understanding of logistics and supply chain management and wish to prepare for a first professional role and future career in the field.
- Logistics and supply chain professionals in the early stages of their career looking to enhance their knowledge and skills and move to the next level professionally.
Usually applicants must hold either a:
- Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Omani institution in a relevant discipline, OR
- First or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, OR
- International degree- equivalent of UK qualifications, OR
- A degree below good or second-class Honours can be considered with minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- A 2 year Diploma holder can be considered with minimum of 6 years relevant work experience with approval from Ministry of Higher Education Research and Innovation
A student whose first language is not English will need to provide a certificate of one of the following English language tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): Academic test – minimum overall score of 6.5 and 6.0 in all components.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Internet-based test – minimum score of 92.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): and overall score of 65
- Cambridge English with a minimum score of 180
- Successfully complete Muscat University Pre-sessional English Programme
Students will take 15 modules (120 credits) and submit an individual thesis project (80 credits).
MSc Logistics and Supply Chain Management modules
- Supply Chain Strategy and Sustainability
- Principles of Strategic Procurement
- Accounting and Finance for Supply Chain Management
- Analytical Techniques for Supply Chain Management
- Freight Transport
- Inventory and Operations Management
- Information Systems and e-Business
- Project Management Introduction
- Physical Network Design
- Retail Logistics
- Six Sigma
- Sales and Operation Planning
- Performance Measurement in the Supply Chain
- Research Methods
Disclaimer: Keeping programmes up-to-date and current requires constant innovation and change. The modules offered reflect the needs of business and industry and the research interests of staff and, as a result, may change or be withdrawn due to research developments, legislation changes or for a variety of other reasons. Changes may also be designed to improve the student learning experience or to respond to feedback from students, external examiners, accreditation bodies and industrial advisory panels.
Total Tuition Fee
- Tuition Fees: OMR 8,200