MSc Finance and
The MSc in Finance and Management provides you with a solid grounding in finance and management principles with rigorous training in relevant tools and techniques necessary for the workplace. Allowing you to deepen your finance knowledge and apply your skills by analysing real-world information and addressing questions with practical implications this dual degree programme is designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. Graduates will be awarded two standalone degrees, one from Cranfield University and one from Muscat University.
This programme is in partnership with Cranfield University.
The MSc in Finance and Management aims to:
- Prepare you for a career in financial services.
- Provide an in-depth understanding of financial and management accounting, economics, international financial markets, statistical analysis, financial modelling and corporate financial management.
- Allow for real life learning, with a focus on case studies.
Who is it for?
- Graduates with a desire to develop their knowledge and skills in finance and management before seeking their first professional role
- Professionals with work experience in the area of finance or management who are seeking to take their career to the next level
- Individuals who want to be taught by faculty who have experience of business and industry and can bring their knowledge to the programme
Usually applicants must hold either a:
- Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Omani institution in a relevant discipline, OR
- First or a second-class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, OR
- International degree- equivalent of UK qualifications, OR
- A degree below good or second-class Honours can be considered with minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
- A 2 year Diploma holder can be considered with minimum of 6 years relevant work experience with approval from Ministry of Higher Education Research and Innovation
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) together with 5 years’ post-qualification relevant work experience.
A student whose first language is not English will need to provide a certificate of one of the following English language tests:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing Service): Academic test – minimum overall score of 6.5 and 6.0 in all components.
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): Internet-based test – minimum score of 92.
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) : and overall score of 65
- Cambridge English with a minimum score of 180
- Successfully complete Muscat University Pre-sessional English Programme
Students will take ten core modules (100 credits) and four elective modules (20 credits) and submit a thesis (80 credits).
MSc Finance and Management modules
- Accounting & Finance Preparatory course
- Corporate Finance
- Statistical Analysis in Finance
- Economics for Financial Markets
- Organisational Management
- Strategic Management
- International Corporate Finance
- Valuation & Financial Modelling
- Financial Markets, Regulations & Ethics
- Research Methods in Finance
- Corporate Restructuring (elective)
- Entrepreneurial Finance (elective)
- Strategic Management Accounting & Control (elective)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (elective)
- Private Equity (elective)
Disclaimer: Keeping programmes up-to-date and current requires constant innovation and change. The modules offered reflect the needs of business and industry and the research interests of staff and, as a result, may change or be withdrawn due to research developments, legislation changes or for a variety of other reasons. Changes may also be designed to improve the student learning experience or to respond to feedback from students, external examiners, accreditation bodies and industrial advisory panels.
Total Tuition Fee
- Tuition Fees: OMR 8,200