A mix of coursework and examination
Study Pre-sessional Academic English at Muscat University for entry to our postgraduate programmes.
12/24 week programme *OMR 550/1050
* includes book fees, materials, print allowance and use of IT labs and Learning Resource Centre
- Ideal preparation for a Muscat University dual-award Masters degree after successfully completing our PSE programme.
- Focus on English for Academic Purposes & Research skills.
- Recognised by our partner, Cranfield University, UK.
- 12 or 24 week part-time programme depending on English entry level.
- Flexible study – two afternoons/evenings per week.
The MU Pre-sessional Programmes 1 and 2 (PSP1 & PSP2) prepare you for the academic rigours of postgraduate study through equipping you with a set of academic literacies and language required at master’s level. You will develop your knowledge and use of the four academic skills of reading, writing, listening & speaking as well as enhancing your academic language and vocabulary. The course will raise your awareness of important aspects of academic study such as academic integrity and creating original work whilst developing and enhancing your research skills.
Pre-sessional English 1 IELTS 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in any component.
Pre-sessional English 2 IELTS 6.0 with no less than 6.0 in any component.
If you plan to progress onto a Muscat University postgraduate degree in partnership with Cranfield University, you must satisfy all of the other entry admission requirements.