A mix of coursework and examination
- International students – OMR 3,200
The Muscat University Foundation Programme which is quality assured by Aston University, UK, produces ‘degree-ready’ students who will progress to one of Muscat University’s bachelor programmes after a full year of study (three terms).
Modules covered in this programme include English; English for Academic Purposes; IT/Computing; Maths, and a number of subject-specific modules relevant to students’ chosen disciplines for their future bachelor’s programme. In addition, study skills are embedded throughout each of the modules. During the three terms, students will study different modules which become increasingly challenging and more complex. The FP is designed in such a way that language and skills acquired in one module can be applied to others on the programme and which will form the foundation for their undergraduate studies.
The Muscat University Foundation Programme fully complies with the Oman Academic Accreditation Authority’s (OAAA) guidelines for Foundation Programmes in Oman. The learning outcomes for each module has been carefully mapped to the requirements of the OAAA (Oman Academic Accreditation Authority).
The University’s International Foundation Programme offers students who complete this programme, and who meet English language requirements, the opportunity to gain entry for full time undergraduate study at a growing number of well-established UK higher education institutions. To date, partners who accept students from the Muscat University International Foundation Programme include Aston University, The University of Hull, The University of Sunderland, Leeds Beckett University and The University of Central Lancashire.
Both the Muscat University Foundation Programme and the International Foundation Programme aim to:
- Equip you with a tool kit of academic literacies to enable you to undertake an undergraduate degree programme. Such literacies include soft skills such as giving an effective presentation; taking part in seminars and working in groups as well as a set of key academic skills such as the use of paraphrase, quotation and citation.
- Improve your English language proficiency to a level in which you can undertake a bachelors degree taught exclusively through the medium of English.
- Develop an introductory-subject-specific knowledge of the bachelor’s degree you are planning to study.
- Develop analytical and mathematical problem-solving skills and apply them to practical real-world problems.
- Equip you with IT skills required for undergraduate study and the workplace.
- Develop an ability to reflect on your learning and experience to strive for continuous improvement.
- Acculturate you to the academic environment of a Higher Education Institution.
- Create a platform for you to become independent and life-long learners.
Applicants will typically need an Omani General Education Diploma or its equivalent (recognised by Ministry of Education) with the following grades:
For further details contact Eliot Wright Director Pathway Programmes email@example.com or +968 2464 5414