MSc Management and Entrepreneurship offered with Cranfield University
1 year / 2 years
Full-Time / Part-Time
The MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship adds value to applicants’ first degrees by providing individuals with integrated and critical awareness of management and organisations, subsequently developing a specialised focus in entrepreneurship, and assisting them in pursing an entrepreneurial career. This degree programme is one of a set of postgraduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and a Muscat University degree
The MSc in Management and Entrepreneurship aims to:
- Provide students with a comprehensive and advanced understanding of the impact of entrepreneurship and entrepreneurial processes at multi- levels.
- Create opportunities for students to develop critical perspectives on theories and to review and evaluate the appropriateness that underpin the constituent entrepreneurship and management subjects.
- Develop students’ capabilities to critically analyse the current issues in the field of management and entrepreneurship.
- Enhance students’ lifelong learning through the development of management and entrepreneurship knowledge.
We welcome applications from talented candidates of all backgrounds and each application is considered on its individual merit. Usually candidates must hold either a:
• Minimum of a “Good” undergraduate degree from an Oman institution in a relevant discipline, OR
• first or a second class UK honours degree in a relevant discipline, OR
• international degree – equivalent of UK qualifications
Candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have they have a minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience.
In addition, candidates will be required to show proficiency in English evidenced by:
• A minimum IELTS score of 6.5, including a minimum of 6.0 in all components of the test, TOEFL (92 total and minimum component scores of 18 Reading, 19 Listening, 19 Speaking and 23 Writing) or Pearson PTE Academic (65) OR
• Successful completion of the Muscat University Pre-sessional programme
|Module Number||Module Title|
|2||Managing People & Organisations|
|3||Managing Profitability, Liquidity & Asset Utilisation|
|6||Family Business Management|
|9||Managing Business Growth|
|12||Social Entreprise & Intrapreneurism|
|13||Research Methods & Statistics|
|FULL TIME STUDENTS||PART TIME YEAR 1||PART TIME YEAR 2|
|Week||MSc MENT Modules||MSc MENT Modules||MSc MENT Modules|
|06 – 10 Oct||Induction||Induction|
|27 – 31 Oct||Organisational Behaviour: Application||Organisational Behaviour: Application|
|10 – 14 Nov||Managing Operations||Managing Operations|
|24 – 28 Nov||Evidence-based Management||Evidence-based Management|
|1 – 5 Dec||Marketing Management||Marketing Management|
|12 – 16 Jan||Accounting and Finance||Accounting and Finance|
|19 – 23 Jan||Disruptive Innovation||Disruptive Innovation|
|2 – 6 Feb||Entrepreneurial Finance||Entrepreneurial Finance|
|9 – 13 Feb||Corporate Entrepreneurship||Corporate Entrepreneurship|
|23 – 27 Feb||Family Business Management||Family Business Management|
|15 – 19 Mar||Managing Business Growth||Managing Business Growth|
|5 – 9 Apr||Strategic Management||Strategic Management|
|19 – 23 Apr||Social Entrepreneurship||Social Entrepreneurship|
|6-10 Sep||Thesis submission||Thesis Submission|
|*Module dates may be subject to change, attendance is compulsory.|