Job Role: VLE Assistant Manager, Muscat University.
Drive and lead Muscat University Virtual Learning Environment platforms implementation. Support and advice the process of developing the eLearning strategy for Muscat University. Being a responsible for the day-to-day administration of the VLE, including enrolment of students and tutors, set up of courses, publication of material, documenting relevant procedures and maintaining quality and standards. implementation of the VLE roadmap, advise colleagues on the functionality of the VLE to support teaching delivery. Guide and support internal users.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Rich knowledge on Development, Installation and Maintenance of ICT Based eLearning Platforms such as Moodle, Blackboard, and Canvas
- Develop eLearning and training resources for online access by staff and students via a range of eLearning Platforms.
- Deliver staff training in the application of e-Learning and ILT based platforms used to deliver eLearning
- The day-to-day administration of the VLE, including enrolment of students and tutors, set up of courses, publication of material, documenting relevant procedures and maintaining quality and standards
- Maintain knowledge of current innovation in the sector regarding the use of learning technologies
- Support and administer mobile learning technologies.
- To assist in the collection of data for statistical reporting of eLearning activity
- To contribute to the development of a converged service for the LRC and eLearning
- To provide front line support for tutors and learners for all ICT Based eLearning Platforms
- To provide a high-quality level of customer service for all users of the University.
- To work closely with IT Services to build ICT Support skills within the whole eLearning team to ensure technical problems are dealt with efficiently to minimise disruption to users
- Managing site user authentication and course enrollment processes
- Maintain the VLE’s upgrade cycle, including acting on security notifications issued by the Moodle lead developer
Director of Infrastructure and Information Systems
Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)
This post has no staff or budget management responsibilities.
Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.
Bachelor’s degree in information technology
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with LMS platforms.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES
- User management (learners, teachers, and others)
- Course management (prospectus mapping)
- Support teaching staff and learners
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Project Management skills
- Knowledge of library management systems
- Knowledge of Virtual Learning Environments
- Knowledge of Office365 Administration and Management
- Knowledge of academic databases
Terms and Conditions
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.
- Nationality: Omani only
- Deadline: the CVs will remain the same till best candidate selected.
- Contract: fixed term 2- years contract with the potential renewal.