Job Title: Research Assistant: “Food e-retailing has made our life easier in Oman, but what about the waste created?”
Faculty of Transport & Logistics, Muscat University
The Faculty of Transport & Logistics seeks to appoint a Research Assistant to work on the following project funded by The Ministry of Higher Education, Research and Innovation (MoHERI) in the Sultanate of Oman: “Food e-retailing has made our life easier in Oman, but what about the waste created?”. This project aims at exploring e-food waste at five stages of a typical online food SC, consisting of supply, distribution, catering, delivery, and consumption in the Sultanate of Oman.
This role will involve the application of advanced multi-criteria decision-making techniques. The successful candidate is expected to:
- Conduct systematic literature review and empirical data gathering from relevant stakeholders under supervision and guidance of the Project Team.
- Conduct and manage research and related administrative activities as assigned by the Project Team.
- Make sure milestones and objectives are achieved as scheduled.
- Assist in the research dissemination and initiatives such as reports, manuscripts, technical workshops, seminars, and conferences.
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum master’s degree in Logistics related field or other relevant area.
- Experience in multi-criteria decision-making techniques.
- Experience in survey development, data collection and analysis.
- Interview and transcription skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working time including evening and weekends, if necessary.
- Prompt response to emails, attendance at meetings, and other related duties.
Six months fixed-term contract (Extendable subject to performance and availability of fund).
A tax-free lump-sum payment will be paid as per the project regulations.
Once the position is filled.
|Responsible ro||The Principal Investigator and the Co-Principal Investigator.|
|Hours||Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.|
|Location||Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)|
|Nationality||Priority in recruitment shall be given to Omani Candidates|