Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (SL) in Management Faculty of Business and Management, Muscat University
Muscat University is looking to grow its Faculty of Business & Management through the appointment of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in a wide area of Management specializations. The candidate is expected to manage and support cross-faculty delivery of postgraduate, undergraduate, and executive programmes. With an ethos of providing an exceptional student experience, the post holder will work with the Faculty Director and teaching staff as any partner faculty/University to ensure efficient and effective delivery of modules. S/he will be responsible for ensuring that curriculum management and enhancement activities comply with required standards of the Omani accreditation authorities and those with partner(s). The post holder is expected to drive His/her research agenda in alignment with the University’s Research Strategy.
For appointment, a minimum of an MSc qualification in Management field is needed along with one to two years’ experience of higher education (HE) teaching, and/or a PhD in Management field is required from an accredited university, ideally AACSB accredited, solid research profile, and a minimum of three years’ post-doctoral HE teaching (including at master’s level) with industry experience. Experience of the Omani and GCC HE environments would be an advantage, as would strong links to industry and experience of an international context. In addition to teaching, the “PhD” post-holder will be responsible for developing and supervising research projects, building collaborations and leading-edge practice through an international publication record.
The overall economic landscape in The Sultanate of Oman has been constantly improving over the years as a result of progressive governmental plans, polices and strong regulations. Human capital and research are key pillars underpinning these efforts in the national level and Muscat University is well-placed to play an important role as facilitator through its vision of being a beacon of excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship, delivering high-quality teaching, facilitating learning and conducting rigorous research that is relevant to the social and economic priorities of Oman.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity and expect joining faculty to display and apply the same principles.
Applicants should provide a current CV and a cover letter justifying their suitability for the position. In doing so, applicants should use their qualifications, experience in teaching and research in an HE environment, teaching areas of interest and ability, and motivation for applying to Muscat University.
While we value the interest shown by every applicant, we are able to respond only to short-listed candidates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a high-quality teaching experience on the undergraduate and PGT and PGR level programmes.
- Construct, plan and assess student assignments.
- Liaise with the Faculty Director on all student matters including timetabling, academic and technical support.
- Undertake the role of a Student Advisor/Personal Tutor.
- Undertake research and scholarly activity with a view to publishing in refereed international academic journals.
- Engage with external business & management related bodies and industry to enrich the student experience, including visiting students on industrial placement.
- Participate in University meetings and events including Board of Examiners, Programme Reviews, Planning and Monitoring Committees and Staff/Student Liaison.
- Maintain flexible working patterns which may include some evening and weekend work in support of Programme/Faculty/University business.
- Actively engage with businesses/professional bodies/schools and colleges/communities/enterprises, etc., organize student outreach and invite industry speakers to enhance the student experience and facilitate industrial placement of students, as appropriate.
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to communicate with clarity on complex & conceptual ideas to those with limited knowledge & understanding, and to peers, using high level skills & a range of media.
- Ability to think critically and promote innovation and creativity.
- Demonstrates competences, core behaviour and supplementary behaviour that support and promote the University’s core values.
- Committed to ensuring a high-quality student experience.
- Essential:Master’s in Business and Management or closely related area.
- PhD in Business and Management or closely related area.
- Professional qualifications and/or memberships of recognized bodies.
- Fellowship of the HE Academy or willingness to work towards (within 18 months).
If you face any difficulty in applying through the job portal, kindly send your CV with all the required details listed in the form below to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Responsible ro||Director – Faculty of Business and Management|
|Hours||Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.|
|Location||Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)|
|Nationality||Director – Faculty of Business and Management|
|Terms and Conditions||A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.|