Lecturer / Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Logistics and Supply chain analytics – Faculty of Transport and Logistics, Muscat University
Muscat University is looking to grow its Faculty of Transport & Logistics through the appointment of a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Sustainable Logistics and Supply chain analytics. Applications are welcomed from those with experience of teaching and research in a range of discipline fields including, but not exclusive to, supply chain analytics, sustainable supply chain management, quantitative methods in supply chain planning, logistics modelling and performance management.
With an ethos of providing an exceptional student experience, the post holder will work with the Faculty Director to ensure efficient and effective delivery of modules. S/he will be responsible for teaching modules such as: Supply chain planning; Sustainable Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Research Methods In Logistics and Supply Chain Management and Supply Chain Analytics and Optimization.
S/he will be responsible for ensuring that curriculum management and enhancement activities comply with required standards of the Omani accreditation authorities.
The candidate must hold a minimum of a minimum of a PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Analytics or closely related field is required, a solid research profile, and a minimum of three years’ post-doctoral HE teaching (including at Master’s level). Experience of the UK HE sector and/or the Omani and GCC HE environments would be an advantage, as would strong links to industry and experience of an international context. In addition to teaching, the post-holder at the SL level will be responsible for developing and supervising research projects, enhancing collaborative activities with industry and practicing leading-edge research through an international publication record.
The Sultanate of Oman is investing heavily in logistics infrastructure to support its Logistics Strategy for 2040. Human capital and research are key pillars underpinning this strategy and Muscat University is well-placed to play an important role as facilitator through its vision of being a beacon of excellence in innovation and entrepreneurship, delivering high-quality teaching, facilitating learning, and conducting rigorous research that is relevant to the social and economic priorities of Oman.
We acknowledge, understand, and embrace diversity and expect joining faculty to display and apply the same principles.
Applicants should provide a current CV and a cover letter justifying their suitability for the position. In doing so, applicants should use their qualifications, experience in teaching and research in an HE environment, teaching areas of interest and ability, and motivation for applying to Muscat University.
While we value the interest shown by every applicant, we are able to respond only to short-listed candidates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver a high-quality teaching experience on the Logistics and Supply Chain Management undergraduate and the Postgraduate Level programmes.
- Construct, plan and assess student assignments.
- Liaise with the Faculty Director on all student matters including timetabling, academic and technical support.
- Undertake the role of Academic Advisor/Personal Tutor
- Undertake research and scholarly activity with a view to publishing in refereed international academic journals.
- Engage with external logistics related bodies and industry to enrich the student experience, including visiting students on industrial placement.
- Participate in University meetings and events including Board of Examiners, Programme Reviews, Planning and Monitoring Committees and Staff/Student Liaison.
- Maintain flexible working patterns which may include some evening and weekend work in support of Programme/Faculty/University business.
- Actively engage with businesses/professional bodies/schools and colleges/communities/enterprises, etc., organize student outreach and invite industry speakers to enhance the student experience and facilitate industrial placement of students, as appropriate
Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to communicate with clarity on complex & conceptual ideas to those with limited knowledge & understanding, and to peers, using high level skills & a range of media.
- Ability to think critically and promote innovation and creativity.
- Demonstrate competences, core behaviour and supplementary behaviour that support and promote the University’s core values.
- Committed to ensuring a high-quality student experience.
- At least 3-year experience of teaching modules in Logistics and Supply Chain Analytics in Higher Education for the Lecturer position and at least three years’ HE teaching (including at Master’s level) for SL position.
- Experience in the Omani and GCC HE environments.
- Strong links to industry and experience of an international context.
- Academic accreditation or quality assurance experiences.
- Strong track record in research and scholarly activities or ability to demonstrate capability for same.
- PhD in Logistics and Supply Chain Analytics or closely related area.
- Professional qualifications and/or memberships of recognized bodies (e.g. CIPS/CILT UK or international equivalent).
- Fellowship of the HE Academy or willingness to work towards (within 18 months).
|Responsible ro||Faculty Director, Faculty of Transport & Logistics|
|Hours||Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.|
|Location||Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)|
|Nationality||Priority in recruitment shall be given to Omani Candidates.|
|Terms and Conditions||A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.|