Job Title: Executive Education and Training Manager, Muscat University
Job Summary: The Manager of Executive Education and Training will work to manage and to support the strategic and operational priorities of Muscat University’s executive education and training programmes and provision. The Manager will undertake a wide variety of activities as Muscat University launches the executive education and training programmes, which includes a variety of short-course certificated programmes in technical disciplines, project and programme management, general management and leadership. S/he will work collaboratively with the entire Muscat University team and its partners to bring this exciting educational provision to life.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with faculty and staff to develop a portfolio of non-degree awarded Executive Education and training programmes that are either open-enrolment or tailored to specific needs of client organisations strategies.
- Identifies, develops, manages and monitor business development activities and ongoing relationships with clients seeking to build the capacity of leaders within their organisation through Executive Education and Training in Oman and the region.
- Manages and supports programme strategies, objectives, and long-term goals in collaboration with the Muscat University team and faculties.
- Supports financial, operational, and administrative aspects of the Executive Education and Training provision at Muscat University.
- Based on market research, recommends appropriate Executive Education and Training programmes that address specific identified needs of organisations using a variety of business models ensuring profitability and sustainability for Muscat University.
- Supports the development of admissions criteria, systems, and processes.
- Develops and manages proposals and other communication materials to market and promote the programmes to prospective organisations and the wider public in Oman and the region.
- Coordinates the time scheduling of faculty and other teaching-related staff to deliver high quality Executive Education and Training programmes.
- Initiate plans and budgets and supervising the implementation.
- Supervise Executive Education and training programs ensuring that they are aligned with MOHERI and related government bodies.
- Conduct orientation sessions to trainers as well as trainee.
- Create brochures and Executive Education and training materials.
- Establish partnership with local and international organisations.
- Provide companies with classroom training, demonstrations, on-the-job training, meetings, conferences, and workshops.
- Working with the Marketing and Recruitment Department to promote universities Postgraduate and Undergraduates programmes in addition to general student marketing and recruitment activities such as B2B, visits, open days, education fairs and other event aimed to generate leads.
- Assist Marketing and Recruitment Department in the process of follow up and conversion from leads and applications to student registration.
Responsible To: Deputy Vice-Chancellor, Finance and Administration
Location: Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)
Hours: Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.
Nationality: Omani only
At least 3-5 years of management experience is required, ideally within an educational environment.
Job related skills/ Aptitudes
- Demonstrated experience in business development, complex sales, strategic partnerships required.
- Demonstrated experience in management consulting or professional services industries.
- Knowledge of the executive education and Training market/industry on a GCC and global scale required.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with professionals at all levels in diverse settings; must be flexible, reliable, responsive, and resourceful.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of organisations in the private and public sector, including government agencies.
- Experience in people management internal or external.
- Excellent self-management skills and the proven ability to meet deadlines and targets.
- Report writing and analytical and research skills.
- Enthusiasm for continuous professional development.
- Actively involves colleagues across the organisation.
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively as part of a team.
- Sets and adheres to high standards of performance.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Organisational skills with a methodical nature.
- Able to work well under pressure.
Education/Qualifications: A Bachelor degree in education, business, administration, or related field. A high level of proficiency in English and Arabic, both oral and written, is essential. Master holders will be given priority.
Terms and Conditions: A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.