Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation (DVCAARI) Personal Assistant and Academic Administrator, Muscat University
We are seeking a highly organized and efficient individual to join our team as a Personal Assistant and Academic Administrator, Muscat University. Supervises the daily operations of the Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation Office and provide support in various administrative and analytical tasks. Coordinates activities on behalf of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation (DVCAARI) and serves as a liaison to senior management as well as all DVCAARI subordinates. Works under general direction with accountability to deliver results and exercise personal responsibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the primary contact for staff supporting the DVCAARI.
- Assist with analytical and administrative tasks related to Student and Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation Offices matters.
- Prepare detailed briefing materials and gather relevant information for meetings, reports, and presentations and Meeting and Event Coordination.
- Manage inquiries, complaints, and concerns from callers and visitors on behalf of the DVCAARI.
- Coordinate the submission of information and documentation for various processes such as recruitment and selection committees.
- Review candidate documentation and prepare recommendations.
- Plan and coordinate candidate interviews, including travel arrangements.
- Participate in the development of projects, work methods, and procedures.
- Recommend procedural changes and staff requirements to improve unit efficiency.
- Follow up on decisions made by the DVCAARI and resolve complex problems.
- Collect, analyse, assess, and summarize information for decision-making and develop recommendations.
- Estimate time, resources, and budgets for activities, events, and projects.
- Create financial projections and monitor accounts.
- Plan and coordinate conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Respond to inquiries and provide policy and procedure information.
- Maintain spreadsheets, databases, websites, and social networks.
- Manage DVCAARI’s calendar, prioritize appointments, and schedule meetings.
- Prepare documents, reports, minutes, and correspondence.
- Format, edit, proofread, and order office supplies.
- Establish and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical.
- Handle confidential files and records according to policies.
- Prepare and distribute documents, handle mail, faxes, and courier shipments.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- Bachelor Degree in Business Administration or related field of study.
- 6 years relevant work experience.
If you face any difficulty in applying through the job portal, kindly send your CV with all the required details listed in the form below to email@example.com
|Responsible ro||Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation.|
|Hours||Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.|
|Location||Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)|
|Terms and Conditions||A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.|