Director of Faculty of Transport and Logistics, Muscat University
As Director of Faculty you will have full responsibility for development of the programmes, for recruiting and leading a staff team, and for ensuring successful delivery of programmes in partnership with our partners. You will be experienced in a wide range of learning and teaching approaches, and will be able to demonstrate excellence and innovation in learning, teaching and assessment. You will also work in effective collaboration with academic colleagues in Muscat and relevant Universities to enhance curricula, foster interdisciplinary links, and contribute to the wider strategic, academic and operational leadership of the University. Further, you will be able to foster strong working relationships with external stakeholders including the Ministry of Higher Education Research & Innovation especially industry partners who will provide placements for our students.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the launch of new programs including the media campaign raising awareness and developing an Advisory Body for the Faculty.
- Reporting to the DVC Academic Affairs, Research & Innovation work with colleagues to deliver the overall Muscat University Strategic Plan.
- Build and lead a team to deliver a high quality learning experience for students and an opportunity to mentor team members to develop their teaching, research and industry engagement activities.
- Oversee the delivery and development of programmes in conjunction with partners in order to achieve a sustainable programme and an excellent student experience.
- Recruit to and manage the programs as well as manage the delivery of the programme, if approved by the Ministry of Higher Education Research & Innovation.
- Oversee the industrial placement element of the programmes building ties with industry to facilitate placement of students.
- Ensure all necessary content and material is in place for the programmes in time for each part of the program to be delivered: this will involve adaptation of partners-sourced material to the Oman context.
- Ensure all necessary pastoral support is available to students both at Undergraduate as well as Postgraduate levels to enable them to succeed on their programmes.
- Recruit and induct the necessary staff and lead delivery and practical organization of flying faculty from the partner universities with the aim of maintaining the highest possible standards in learning, teaching and assessment.
- Contribute to wider academic policy and planning across the University.
- Ensure fulfilment of University responsibilities in student admissions, instruction, progression and examination; availability of pastoral assistance and adherence to the relevant regulations.
- Monitor student attendance and performance and obtain student feedback in order to enhance the course over time.
- Develop and monitor appropriate evaluation, quality assurance and enhancement mechanisms.
- Consult with international professional bodies with a view to successfully securing accreditation when the first cohort graduates, and work to ensure that accreditation requirements are fully met.
- Consult with relevant national regulators, primarily the Ministry of Higher Education Research & Innovation (MoHERI) and the Oman Authority for Academic Accreditation and Quality Assurance of Education (OAAAQA) to ensure that statutory requirements are met and that university’s policies, systems and procedures are observed and applied.
- Undertake suitable personal scholarship and in due course, develop with colleagues appropriate research activities and ensure synergy between research and teaching.
Planning and management
- Lead disciplinary input to the recruitment and selection of students, ensuring fair and transparent processes are followed and that able, motivated students enter the programme.
- Coordinate with relevant universities to ensure that the programmes are of the same quality and rigour as the partner equivalent and that good practice is exchanged between the Universities.
- Oversee the training and induction of Muscat staff to achieve partners ‘Recognised Teacher Status’.
- Develop a programme delivery plan in consultation with senior University management and take responsibility for its implementation.
- Plan, budget for and organise the programme resources leading to a financially sustainable Faculty through ensuring effective delivery, reviewing monthly spend, monitoring and ensuring budgetary compliance and making a case for further investments as necessary, as well as seeking opportunities for growth.
- Ensure that the highest standards of good practice are observed in respect of health, safety, environment and professional ethics.
- Undertake other tasks as requested by University senior management.
Communications and external relations
- Act as the first point of contact on all academic issues connected with the programmes.
- Assist University staff in the promotion of the Faculty’s offerings in order to attract a high quality student intake and build a strong reputation with employers.
- Maintain, extend and utilise personal networks within the national HE sector and across the business and management community, creating a strong profile and esteem for Muscat University, and participate in relevant international conferences, etc., to this end.
- Network into the national HE sector and relevant practitioner community.
- Monitor and ensure the quality of communications between the programme and external stakeholders.
Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Line Manager.
- Education to doctoral level in logistics and supply chain or a closely related discipline.
- High professional and ethical standards Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply or of a similar professional institution
- Experience in an industry relevant to logistics and supply chain.
- Candidates are expected to have a minimum of five years of relevant teaching experience.
If you face any difficulty in applying through the job portal, kindly send your CV with all the required details listed in the form below to email@example.com
|Responsible ro||Deputy Vice-Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Research and Innovation.|
|Hours||Full time. Hours as necessary for the role.|
|Location||Muscat, Oman (some local travel may be required)|
|Nationality||Priority in recruitment shall be given to Omani Candidates.|
|Terms and Conditions||A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered. Annual leave entitlement will be 30 days plus private sector national holidays applicable in Oman.|