Note: Due to a conflict of dates with the National Day holidays, the seminar will be postponed to a later date.
In partnership with the Oxford University Department of Continuing Education and Oxentia, Muscat University is holding a two-day seminar in Leadership in Higher Education on 3-5 December 2017.
The objective of the seminar is to provide higher education leaders, administrators and academic staff with the knowledge and practical skills to strategically address the challenges facing higher education today and tomorrow.
The seminar will be delivered by Dr. John P. Wilson who will be joined by an expert trainer from Oxentia, Oxford University’s Global Innovation Management Consultancy.
The overall objectives of the programme are as follow:
- Explore the disruption faced by higher education.
- Investigate appropriate sustainable and strategic responses to challenges.
- Develop an innovative higher education institution.
- Map the organisational architecture of the university or higher education institution.
- Design an effective student learning cycle.
- Develop an effective student experience.
- Encourage research growth and engagement among academic staff and students.
- Develop effective teaching and learning strategies.
- Build effective consultancy skills.
- Identify a university fit for the future.
Dr John Wilson
Dr John has forty years’ experience specialising in learning strategies and knowledge management. He spent two years in Sweden working for Volvo, Alpha Laval, State Railways and a defence company and also four years with an oil company in Saudi Arabia. He was Continuing Professional Development manager at the University of Oxford and continues to teach there and at the University of Sheffield. In addition to numerous academic and professional articles, he has written and edited nine books including: International Human Resource Development; The Experiential Learning Handbook; The Call Centre Training Handbook; Routledge Encyclopaedia of UK Education, Training and Employment; and, Dream: Your Life, Your Future. Drawing from these insights and experience, his main interests lie in organizational problem solving and identifying coherent strategies for uncertain futures.
Cost: 300 OR per person, this includes seminar materials and refreshments
Special rates are available for groups, please contact:
- %-DDays Left