1 year / up to 3 years
Full -Time/ Part-TIme
Taught modules 40%, Group projects 20%, (or dissertation for
part time students) Individual project 40%
The MSc in Process Systems Engineering is a contemporary engineering discipline that emerged with the main purpose to provide the methods, tools and human capacity that allow industry to meet its needs by tying science to engineering. The programme provides engineering and applied science graduates with current theory and practice of the technical and managerial aspects of process systems. This degree programme is one of a set of post graduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Process Systems Engineering aims to:
- Provide engineering and applied science graduates with current theory and practice of the technical and managerial aspects of process systems
- Equip students with adequate knowledge and experience to deal with the design, operation, optimisation and control of all kinds of chemical, physical, and biological processes through the use of systematic computer-aided approaches.
- Provide employable graduates in a vast range of industries, such as oil and gas, petrochemical, mineral processing, specialty chemicals, food, pharmaceutical, biotechnological, water and energy industries.
- Applicants will need a first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in an engineering or applied science discipline.
- Recognised professional qualifications or several-years relevant industrial experience might be considered.
- an IELTS level of 6.5. or equivalent.
Students will be required to take eight core modules (80 credits) and a group project
(or dissertation for part-time students) (40 credits) (120 credits in total). Students will also be required to carry out an individual thesis project (80 credits).
|01||Process Plant Operations||10|
|02||Risk and Reliability Engineering||10|
|03||Process Design and Simulation||10|
|04||Management for Technology||10|
|05||Process Measurement Systems||10|
|06||Thermal Systems Operation and Design||10|
|07||Computational Fluid Dynamics for Industrial Processes||10|
|08||Advanced Control Systems||10|
|09||Group Project (or dissertation for part-time students)||40|
|10||Individual Research Project (Thesis)||80|