1 year / up to 3 years
Full -Time / Part-Time
Taught modules 60%, individual project 40%
The MSc in Finance and Management provides a solid grounding in finance and management principles with rigorous training in relevant tools and techniques, and how to apply them in the workplace. This degree programme is one of a set of postgraduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Finance and Management aims to:
- Prepare students for a career in financial services.
- Provide students with a high level of financial skills.
- Give students a rounded view of business and its management.
Usually candidates must hold either:
- an English-medium undergraduate degree from a recognized university at second class honours level or above (or equivalent)
- or a professional qualification (e.g. CIMA, ACA, ACCA) with 5 years’ relevant work experience.
Candidates must have:
- exposure to quantitative subjects (mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics etc.) from previous studies or work experience is essential for this course.
- a minimum English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 (with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component.
|Core Modules||Elective modules|
|Mod#||Module Title||Credits||Module Title||Credits|
|01||Corporate Finance||10||Corporate Restructuring||5|
|02||Statistical Analysis in Finance||10||Entrepreneurial Finance||5|
|04||Economics for Financial Markets||10||Strategic Management Accounting and Control||5|
|05||Organisational Management||10||Mergers and Acquisitions||5|
|07||International Corporate Finance||10|
|08||Valuation and Financial Modelling||10|
|09||Financial Markets Regulation and Ethics||10|
|10||Research Methods in Finance||10|