A mix of coursework and examination
The BSc in Logistics with Supply Chain Management is one of the few logistics degrees which combine technological knowledge with management and business that meet the challenging logistics market needs. This degree programme is one of a set of undergraduate programmes designed by Aston University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of an Aston University degree and also a Muscat University degree.
The BSc in Logistics with Supply Chain Management aims to:
- Enable students to develop a detailed understanding and knowledge of logistics and its place in all types of industries.
- Produce graduates with a unique specialist insight into Operations and Supply Chain Management.
Applicants will typically need one of the following qualifications (or international equivalent) for admission to the programme:
- A Level: BBC plus 5 GCSEs with grades A*-C to include Maths (grade C) and English (grade C).
- HND: Minimum Merit Overall.
- IB: 29 points, with minimum scores 5,5,4 in Higher Level subjects plus minimum Standard Level scores of 5 in English and Maths.
- An IELTS level of 6.0.
- Where applicable, successful completion of the Muscat University Foundation Programme.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4|
|Research Skills||Inventory Control||Professional Placement Year||Final Year Project|
|Transport Fundamentals||Operations and Process Management||Leadership and Human Resource Management|
|Introduction to Logistics||Project Management||International Trade Law and Policy|
|Literature Review||Road Transport||Technology Applications in Supply Chains|
|Enhancing Employment Skills||Modelling Simulation and Optimisation||Supply Chain and Procurement Strategy|
|Introduction to Business Managemenet||International Logistics and Purchasing||Strategic Financial Management|
|Research Skills||Maritime Transport||Supply Chain Planning|
|Economics||Rail Transport||Contemporary Issues in Supply Chains|
|Principles of Financial Accounting||Database Management||Multi-modal Transport|
|Company and Contract Law||Services Marketing|
|Facilities Design||Purchasing Principles and Processes|