1 year / up to 3 years
Full -Time / Part-Time
Taught modules 40%, Group projects 20%, (or dissertation
for part time students) Individual project 40%
MSc Energy Systems and Thermal Processes is designed to equip graduates and practicing engineers with an in-depth understanding of the fundamental issues of energy thrift and environmental consequences of irrational use of energy resources in the industrial and commercial sectors. This degree programme is one of a set of post graduate programmes designed by Cranfield University and offered at Muscat University. This is a dual degree programme, leading to the award of a Cranfield University degree and also a Muscat University degree.
The MSc in Energy Systems and Thermal Processes aims to:
- Furnish students with the up to date technical knowledge and skills required for achieving better management of energy.
- Enhance students’ knowledge of designing of energy efficient systems and processes and the reduction and control of pollution cost-effectively.
- Prepare students for a successful career as energy professionals in a wide range of industries, consultancies, research organisations and local and central government departments.
- A UK 2nd class honours degree or its equivalent.
- Applications from candidates with lesser qualifications but with considerable relevant working experience will be considered.
- A minimum English language proficiency level equivalent to IELTS 6.5.
(with a minimum of 6.5 in the writing component).
|02||Industrial Heating Systems||10|
|03||Power Generation Systems||10|
|04||Thermal Systems Operation and Design||10|
|05||Renewable Energy Technologies: Systems||10|
|06||Management for Technology||10|
|07||Computational Fluid Dynamics for Industrial Processes||10|
|08||Process Measurement Systems||10|
|09||A group project (or dissertation for part-time students)||40|
|10||Thesis individual defence||80|